Ways to buy
#
Pobl Living
Shared Ownership

Pobl Living Shared Ownership is our most flexible purchase option; you can choose how much of a property you buy and buy more if you want to as and when it’s convenient for you.

#
Pobl Living
Homebuy

When we work in partnership with local authorities and national house builders we are able to offer buyers our Pobl Living Homebuy option.

#
Pobl Living
Open Market Sales

Building high quality homes across south Wales, we’re confident that we can offer just what you’ve been looking for. Our homes are always meticulously designed with you in mind.

Pobl Living White Logo
Making your home ownership
dreams come true

Shared ownership

Shared ownership is our most flexible purchase option; you can choose how much of a property you buy and buy more if you want to as and when it’s convenient for you.

Typically, you buy a share of between 50-70% of a property, sometimes as little as 25%, and pay a rent on the part that you don’t own. The higher the share you purchase, the less rent you will have to pay. Over time you have the option to increase your shares if you can afford to do so, this is called staircasing.

Dependent on the development, we can either offer our own Shared ownership scheme or the Welsh Government’s Shared Ownership Wales initiative. Shared ownership is a great way of getting your foot onto the property ladder and we’re passionate about promoting the benefits of shared ownership to more buyers in Wales.

Find out more about the Welsh Government’s Shared Ownership Wales initiative

Read our guide - Shared Ownership: A flexible purchase option

Homebuy

When we work in partnership with local authorities and national house builders we are able to offer buyers our homebuy option.

In our experience, Homebuy is always a really popular option; Homebuy allows you to buy 100% of a property for a percentage of its open market value, typically 70%. The remaining cost is funded by an equity loan, unlike shared ownership there isn’t any rent to pay on the equity loan.

You can repay this loan at any time, otherwise, when the property is sold, the sale price will be split according to the relevant percentages. If the split is 70% and 30%, the owner gets 70% of the sale price and the remaining money repays the loan.

Rent to Own Wales

Rent to Own Wales is a Welsh Government funded initiative that is perfect for people who can afford to buy their own home but are struggling to save for a deposit.

Rent to Own enables you to build up a lump sum towards a deposit while you’re renting your home; after two years of renting you can apply to buy your home and will receive 25% of the rent you’ve paid towards a deposit. In addition, you will also be able to add 50% of any the increase in the property’s value to your lump sum.

Find out more about Rent to Own Wales

Help to Buy Wales

We can also offer Help to Buy Wales on the homes we sell on the open market.

Help to Buy Wales is a Welsh Government-backed scheme that assists buyers who cannot afford a large deposit.

Purchasers pay just 80% of the property price now and the remaining 20% is provided by an equity loan which is interest free for the first 5 years. Buyers pay just a 5% deposit and need to secure a mortgage for up to 75% of the property’s value.

 

More Information on Help to Buy Wales

Open market

Building high quality homes across south Wales, we’re confident that we can offer just what you’ve been looking for. Our homes are always meticulously designed with you in mind.

We use our in-depth knowledge of Wales to inspire and influence our developments to create homes and neighbourhoods where people love to live.

 

Read our guide - Buying a home with us

Selling your Home

If you ever want to move, you can sell your share with the help of our dedicated Home Ownership Team.

If you would like more information please email us.